There are two reasons to buy a bottomless portafilter.
1. To help you identify and correct extraction problems. Where a normal portafilter hides symptoms of channeling, the naked portafilter makes them (sometimes painfully) visible.
2. For the visual satisfaction of watching your extraction. As seen on Instagram! Watching the way your espresso ends up in your cup through the filter basket can be very satisfying.
With our bottomless portafilter (and a good extraction) your espresso smoothly comes together under the filter basket into one stream and falls directly into your cup to form the perfect crema.
When your extraction needs work, your espresso will splash coming out of the bottomless portafilter. This is likely due to channeling. Common causes are incorrect grinding of your coffee, old coffee beans, poor distribution, or uneven tamping. Not ready for this? Check out our portafilters with a double spout.
Our bottomless portafilter has a solid stainless steel head for maximum durability.
This distinguishes our portafilters from many others in this price range that are made of more vulnerable chrome-plated brass.
A spring keeps the 18-gram filter basket in place, this filter basket is included with the product!
The right size for your espresso machine
Our bottomless portafilters are precisely tailored for many espresso machines.
All sizes are listed in our size chart, the most common are:
– 51mm (De’Longhi Dedica) for Delonghi Dedica, Krups, and SMEG espresso machines.
– 51mm (De’Longhi La Specialista) for Delonghi La Specialista Prestigio and La Specialista Arte espresso machines
– 54mm for Sage Barista Express/Touch/Pro, Solis grind & Infuse pro, and more.
– 58mm (E61) for espresso machines with an E61 group head such as ECM, Bezzera, Rocket, Vibiemme (VBM) and more.
– 58mm (Gaggia) is suitable for 58mm Gaggia espresso machines, Gaggia Classic and Gaggia Pro.
– 58mm (Sage) is suitable for the Sage Dual Boiler and the Sage Oracle Touch.
Is your espresso machine not listed here?
Check our size guide or contact us if in doubt.